Tally, What is Tally, How to learn Tally, Types of Tally, History of Tally, Full Form of Tally, Who is the father of Tally
Do you know What is Tally? If you ever went to any computer institute, then you must have heard the name of Tally Computer Course. People often ask this question about this, what are the benefits of Tally? It doesn’t matter if you don’t know the answer to these questions. Because today’s post is for you. I have give the information about Tally. Along with this, I will also tell you the history of Tally. After all when did the use of Tally accounting start and what work can we do with it. Today we will know all these things in detail here.
As we know what is computer and for everyone’s take the help of computer. Whether it is going to space or a bank, government office or printing a photo, computers are used everywhere. In this, many companies used different software for account related work. Tally is a very popular application used for accounting. What is Tally and how to learn it? Today we will know through this post.
What is Tally?
It is a cloud based accounting software that helps small business owners manage their finances. It has an intuitive interface and provides real- time updates on the financial performance of the company. All these features make Tally one of the best accounting tools for small business
Tally means counting money as well as arranging and preserving it. Apart from this from where the item was purchased, for how much it was purchase, a record of all these work is kept in Tally.
There used to be a time when people used to keep all the financial transactions in their business by hand writing them in documents. But now that time has passed. In today’s time computers are used in all types of businesses and Tally is most commonly used in many software related to accounts. Whenever there is talk about accounting work in computer, the first name that comes in mind is Tally. Many types of complicated calculations have to be done in accounting, which cannot be done without software in the computer. Tally is used to do such difficult calculations.
For your information, let me tell you that Tally is used in India. Apart from this, it is very popular in many other countries as well. This software is a daily useful software for many companies and people associated with accounting. But very few people would know about how it is started. Now you must have understood how useful it is and when it was needed. Let us know further.
What is the full form of Tally?
The full form of Tally is Transactions Allowed in a Linear Line Yards. This is a software which is used for accounting, along with this you can also send GST Return in it.
History of Tally
As I have already told you that Tally has been manufactured in a company based in Bangalore, India. But Tally Solution company was earlier known as Peutronics. Do you know who is the father of Tally? It was formed in 1986 by Shyam Sunder Goenka and his son Bharat Goenka. At that time Shyam Sundar Goenka used to run a company which supplied raw materials and machines parts to other plants and textile mills. So to manage this business, he did not have any software so that he could do his accounting easily. Then he asked his son to make such a software so that we can manage our business easily. Bharat Goenka a graduate in mathematics, launched the first version of accounting application as an MS-DOS application. It had only basic accounting functions. Which was named Petronics Financial Accountant.
Benefits of taking Tally course
It is a simple accounting software that can be used to track the financial transactions of any business. It has been designed for each of use and has many advantages. Some of the major advantages of Tally are:
1. It’s easy to use and does not require any training, which makes it a great option for new entrepreneurs.
2. The software is available in multiple languages and can be used by anyone, regardless of the country they are from.
3. There is a free trial version of Tally which can help the users to understand the features and functionality before purchasing the full version.
4. The software integrates with many third party application such as QuickBooks, Xero, PayPal etc.
Types of Tally
It has been a pioneer in the field of accounting software. The company brings new versions of its products every year. TallyPrime is the latest version of the company. It is a cloud-based accounting solution for small and medium enterprises.
|2009||Tally ERP 9|
|2022||Tally Prime 2.0|
What is taught in Tally course?
1. Tally Basics- This section covers the basic of accounting, such as double-entry accounting, debit and credit and accounts.
2. Accounting Software- This section discuss the various features of Tally, such as its interface and reports.
3. Accounting Software- The section introduces students to financial statement and how to read them.
4. Business Analysis- This section introduces business analysis techniques, such as forecasting, break- even analysis and cost estimation to help students understand their business better.
5. Accounting Systems- The final section covers accounting system such as VAT, GST and TDS in detail, with an emphasize on how they are calculated in India using Indian accounting standards.
How to learn Tally?
There are many ways to learn this software. You can take a course from some institute or you can learn it from internet or you can learn it from YouTube videos also. In the beginning when you go to work in Tally, it seems very difficult. Learning this is not that easy and if I believe it is not that difficult either. Firstly there is no mouse working in it, but all the work has to be done with the keyboard. Also it is easy to work on it if you learn about it very well.
1. Capital- When any money is used for business, then that amount is called capital. Apart from this, it is also called equity.
2. Transaction- The process of making a transaction is called a transaction. In this services and products are exchanged.
3. Discount- When a company owner gives back some amount as a discount to his customer to increase the use of his product and service.
1. What is the full form of Tally?
Ans. The full form of Tally is Transactions Allowed in a Linear Line Yards.
2. How long is the Tally course?
Ans. Tally course can last for 1 months, 2 months or 3 months.