Internet, What is Internet, Advantage of Internet, Disadvantage of Internet, Full Form of Internet, Definition of Internet, Who Invented Internet
What is Internet? The Internet is a network of computers that can be accessed from any connected device. It began 1969 as a way of sharing information among scientists and has evolved over the years.
In this section, we will discuss what the internet is, its history and how it has evolved overtime. We will also find out how it has changed our lives and what we can expect for its future. In this section, we will explore how the internet has changed our lives, as well as what you can expect for its future. Let’s know what is called internet.
What is Internet?
The Internet is a worldwide (interconnected) network of computers. The internet consist of many local, national International networks. All these networks are interconnected. It provides access to information and data from all over the world. Wherever you are in the world, you can easily access any information available on the internet. The internet is a network of computer networks that used the standard Internet Protocol Suite (TCP/IP) to serve billions of users worldwide. It is a global system meaning that it has no central control or governing body and is not constrained by physical boundaries.
Internet has been around since the 1970s and was created by the Defence Advanced Research Project Agency (DARPA). It was designed as a way for researchers to share information with each other without having to travel long distances. Hope you have understood what is internet.
What is the old name of Internet?
ARPANET (Advanced Research Projects Agency Network) eventually evolved into what we now call the Internet. Despite its success, ARPANET membership was limited to if you academic and research organisations with Defence Department contracts.
Full form of Internet
The full form of internet is Interconnected Network. This is actually a huge network of all Web Server Worldwide. That’s why it is also called Worldwide Web or simply the Web in many places. This network includes many such private and public organisation, schools and colleges research centres, hospitals as well as many servers all over the world. Internet is a collection of interconnected networks that is of network of networks. It is made up of many interconnected gateways and routers being connected to each other all over the world.
History of Internet
Talking about the history of Internet, in 1969 it used to take its first step in the world and due to the change of time and technology it grows very fast. So let’s know further the history of internet.
1. Internet originated from ARPANET (Advance Research Project Agency Network).
2. ARPANET was part of the Defense Department of America in 1969.
3. In the beginning, this network was created to send secret letters through computer, its name was ARPANET.
4. Initially, this idea was used to connect the computers of 5 US Universites. By the decade of 1972, it was connected to 23 nodes of the world and different countries of the world, which was later named internet.
5. In the beginning, this network was used as a private network, later it reached everyone and it was changed your after year and now you are reading information about what is the internet and the history of the internet through the internet.
Who invented the Internet?
It was not just matter of one person being able to invent the Internet. Many scientists and engineers were needed to make it. In 1957 during the time of cold war America established the Advanced Research Project Agency (ARPA), whose purpose to create a technology so that one computer could be connected to another computer.
In 1969, this agency established ARPANET. So that any computer could be connected to any other computer. By the year 1980, its name became internet. Vinton Cerf and Robert Kahn invented the TCP/IP protocol in the 1970’s and in 1972, Ray Tomlinson first introduced the Email Network.
When did Internet start?
Internet started from January 1, 1983. When ARPANET adopted TCP/IP on January 1, 1983, and after that researchers started assembling them. At that time it was called “network of networks”, later in modern times it is known as Internet.
When did Internet start in India?
Internet services was made publicly available in Indian on 14 August 1995 when it was launched by state-owned Videsh Sanchar Nigam Limited (VSNL).
What is the definition of Internet?
The internet is actually a global wide area network that connects computer system around the world. It consists of many high-bandwidth data lines which are called the “backbone of the internet”. These lines are connected to major internet hubs that distribute data to other locations such as web servers and ISPs. Whereas, if you want to connect to the internet, then you must have access to an Internet Service Provider (ISP), which acts as a middleman between you and the Internet.
Most ISPs provide broadband Internet access by a cable, DSL or fibre connection. When you connect with the internet through a public Wi-Fi signal here also the Wi-Fi router is connected with an ISP to provide you the internet. At the same time cellular data towers also have to be connected to one out the other internet service provider to provide internet access to the connected devices.
Use of Internet
1. To exchange Electronic Mail
More than 85% of people connected to the internet, use the internet to send and receive email. More than 20 million emails are exchanged in a week.
2. To Research
Internet is a very big source of documents, books, research, papers etc. That is why people use it to do their research.
3. For Education and Self-improvement
Here you will find many online courses and workshops from which you can learn a lot, while attending their online seminars you can also do your self-improvement.
4. In search of Jobs
There are many such websites which are continuously providing job information whether it is a technical job or non technical jobs. If you are also looking for jobs and you can also register in them and get your favourite job.
Advantages of Internet
If you use the Internet properly then you can do a lot, so read the benefits of the internet given below and make your life digital-
1. It is more helpful in giving social networking, education, entertainment, online information on a large scale.
2. It will save your time and you can learn a lot if you want.
3. Using this, we can find any information very easily. Like we do in Google. We can easily send message, audio, video, document to anyone on the Internet like everyone does in WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter.
Disadvantages of Internet
If you want to move in right path in this digital world then definitely read these things carefully and tell others-
1. Its disadvantage is its addiction, if you get hooked then you will keep following it and will it be a waste of your time.
2. In this, anyone writes and shares anything, whether it is right or wrong, due to which wrong information reaches people.
3. Through this, anyone can steel all your data from your computer through hackers.
1. In whose mind did the idea of Internet come first?
Ans. The idea of Internet first came in the mind of Tim Berners-Lee.
2. What is the full form of Internet?
Ans. The full form of Internet is “Interconnected Network”.
3. Which are the world’s largest NSP (Network Service Provider)?
Ans. The world’s largest NSPs include UUNet, CerfNet, IBM, BBN Planet, SprintNet and PSINet.